Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh snuggle puppy you're so fine!

For a while Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton  was our most very favorite book, followed by The Belly Button Book. Then Baby Bug discovered books with real pictures. Thus ended our courtship with decent books for a time. 

For ages we've been reading a never ending revolving due of books comprised of Happy Baby 1,2,3 and a random Koala book from a dear Aussie friend. The counting book is fun enough because she gets excited at finding the babies (bay!) the kitties (kee or Keedy) and the puppies (kee or puh!)  But the Koala book is a badly written hack job of a novel that hurts my unfortunate brain with it's clashing phrases time and time again. But Baby Bug loved it.  All other books were pushed to the side for this new love, I was left to pout over the unfortunate circumstances that were preventing me from upgrading our library of real picture board books beyond two.

But this morning  she remembered her love of the Snuggle Puppy book and we read it 3 times in a row. Alright we sang it because it's really a song. But it so made my day.

Baby Bug tries to sing now, if I'm snuggling alright, rocking I admit it her before bed singing lullabies she tries to hum the tune, it's adorable. Today she kept starting me off on another line of Snuggle Puppy by humming hummmnnn.  Way to melt my heart kid. 

Also: why has no one told me the awesomeness of the extra cheesy goldfish crackers?? They are a million times yummier then the plain regular cheese fish.  I need to stop eating them. Seriously. 

No comments: