Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh MIL...

Please when reading the title instead of assuming the 'M' stands for Mom, please substitute it for the first word that comes to mind that also starts with Mo but ends rather differently.

I don't want to write a post bitching about her again, but I can't help it and am going to anyway. The other day when she so rudely showed up unannounced , I sat her down and very gently explained that while we loved her to pieces, she really must start doing us the courtesy of calling ahead of time. She sulked and pouted and did the really mature well fine you want me to leave i'll leave thing, until we had gotten our message through (I thought) that we do want her in BabyBug's life, we just want the common courtesy of a damn phone call.

I posted the incident on a certain Dealing With The Inlaws forum, and they pretty much told me that I was too nice about. eh..

Which brings us to this evening. A boo-hooing MIL calls us up to pitch a pissy-fit because we're keeping her granddaughter away from her. So she bitched and moaned to poor DaddyBug and he's getting right pissed at her (I was so proud peeps) stating again and again that it's all in her head, we just want to make plans, at the very least a goddamn fucking phone call. And why yes C.G's family does always call first. Yes, every time.

We don't answer the phone she says, we don't call back she says. We've been telling her for years to leave a message if she wants a call back. She doesn't want to leave a message, she doesn't want to make plans, doesn't have time to. Well Boo-Fucking-Hoo. It is really not that hard to say "Hi C.G, this is MIL. I was thinking of stopping by later today, please call me when you're home". If you're going uptown then call us and say "I'm going up town now and was going to stop by on my way home, is that good for you?".

It isn't torture, we aren't asking much. It's a 15 second voice mail. If we're home we do answer the phone.

So in the end a very cranky DaddyBug got off the phone and informed me that MIL would like to be called tomorrow after after BabyBug's nap. However the way she worded it was; "Tell C.G to call me when BabyBug is up from her nap" and DaddyBug said "I will not tell C.G to call you, but I will ask her to."

So now the thing is... do I call her? I want to stand my ground and force the demanding spoiled MIL to get off her high horse and call me. Or do I compromise and call her and start the ball rolling? I just really feel like she is getting her way by me calling because she told DaddyBug to tell me to do so.

No comments: