Thursday, March 12, 2009

This is how we do it.

So I got a call yesterday from a guy who is organizing the housing arrangements for the new institution guards that will be coming to town, he wanted details on the room we're letting (it's half of a basement damnit! Clearly far superior to a piddly bedroom!) and informed me that they will not be arriving until Mid May. Oh dear. Mid May is rather far away.

Guy on the phone was wondering if we would still have it available then, and I told him I hoped we would have someone here by then, but to keep us on the list and give us a call later on as who knows what will happen.

Sigh.

I am on the job hunt. Out of the crappy jobs available I have decided to try and get on at a sort of Hotel/Apt Building hybrid as a housekeeper. I detest cleaning, it will deny me the one thing I really wanted to get out of getting a job other then money (socialization with real live people), but it pays $15 an hour. And since I don't want to work more then 4 days a week I need a job with a much higher rate then say... waitressing.

I know they're hiring, their add is posted at the local Jobstart place. I tried to give them my resume yesterday but the front desk manager was mysteriously absent, the phone was ringing, I called hello.. and waited.. and dinged the bell.. and waited... repeat. No one around so I left and will try again tomorrow.

Today DaddyBug went to visit his mother after work as she's sick with the flu (again). They're worried about us, keep inquiring how things are going. He let it slip that I'm on the job hunt. No big deal obviously she was going to find out eventually, it isn't as if I'm going to sit at home while the bank takes the Suzuki away.

She offered to babysit if I need her to. Give me a minute. BAHAHAHAHA. Um, no. Hell to the No.

Eventually she'll ask me, and I already know what I'm going to say 'Thankyou for the offer but it's already been taken care of."

No comments: